• 2 836 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 24 Октябрь 2007 - 21:21

Для начала типовое мнение почти всех ревью:

http://www.gametap.c...115ba85a5ee2adf
http://pc.ign.com/ar...7/827626p1.html
http://www.eurogamer...rticle_id=85342
http://au.gamespot.c...ag=tabs;reviews

Цитата

It takes the epic, high-level combat of Baldur's Gate II (notable the Throne of Bhaal expansion for that game), and fuses it with some of the storytelling and role-playing concepts of Planescape: Torment.

Instead of tromping through the standard fantasy fields and forests of the Sword Coast, the expansion brings you to Rashemen, a spirit-infested land where witches and Red Wizards maintain order and shadow portals open the way to demons and gods.

You don't spend loads of time dungeon crawling mostly because there aren't that many huge dungeons to crawl around in. Most combat areas are smaller and feature fewer enemies than you might expect with a game like this, keeping the focus on plot and character development

Everything sounds hunky-dory, but there is one element that left me ping-ponging between outright hatred and resigned annoyance: the spirit-meter. Without getting into story details, it essentially turns you into a drug addict. You get an extra meter to watch over that continually declines no matter what you are doing. As the meter runs low, you experience various side effects, and if it runs out, you die. To fill the meter, you either have to give in to cravings (which lock you in a cycle of needing an, er, spirit fix even more frequently) or use other abilities to satisfy your cravings.

This sounds interesting in theory, but I got annoyed that when I would rest to recover life and magic, the spirit meter still drains. My evil character was forced to "eat" to raise the meter, as the other way of combating the hunger results in your character becoming good, which can screw with certain classes that have alignment restrictions. And because you're forced to wait five minutes between "eatings," I found myself not "eating" fast enough due to the cooldown period, and was even forced to give up experience points to stave off my hunger. Sometimes, it's a mild nuisance, but for me, it was a major headache.

//----

В общем и целом, игра представляет из себя продолжение оригинальной компании НВН2. В отличие от оригинала основной упор сделан на диалоги, персонажей и развитие сюжета. Фабула: ваш протагонист "заболевает" местной формой наркомании, аля Soul Reaver. Вокруг этого события и строится весь геймплей и цель приключений. Радует то,что обсидиан похоже решили не брать пленных - игнорирование пристрастии к духам может не только плохо повлиять на ваше состояние но и собственно убить.

Я очень советую сабж. На самом деле, чего-то более глубокого именно с точки зрения классики жанра, я не видел последние года 3-4.

#2 dmc

dmc

Chosen One

• Sentinels
  • 2 564 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 26 Октябрь 2007 - 14:10

дождаться бы русской лицензии...
учитывая то что оригинальный нвн2 у мну акелловский, брать пиратку не хочется.

#3 Черный

Черный

Ugly Poe

• Заглянувший в кошмар™
  • ФишкаФишкаФишкаФишкаФишкаФишка
  • 1 424 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 26 Октябрь 2007 - 14:31

лицензия уже есть vertag.gif

#4 dmc

dmc

Chosen One

• Sentinels
  • 2 564 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 26 Октябрь 2007 - 14:58

а к нам в Челябинск еще не завезли =(

#5 Черный

Черный

Ugly Poe

• Заглянувший в кошмар™
  • 1 424 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 26 Октябрь 2007 - 15:17

Ну тогда завезут в скором времени. Ибо у нас уже полочки магазинов пестрят и нвнами и ведьмогами и оранж боксом по частям

#6 Lovecraft Lover

Lovecraft Lover

Engine screaming ^_^

• Заглянувший в кошмар™
  • ФишкаФишкаФишкаФишкаФишкаФишкаФишка
  • 3 479 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 26 Октябрь 2007 - 16:32

Орнаж Бокс по частям это не кошерно.
Но возвращаясь к теме, собственно отписание из рецензий прям таки зацепило - однако сам рецензент вот говорит, что очень это неудобно и вообще раздражает - удовлетворят свои естественные потребности =)
А вообще звучит многообещающе - учитывая что пока по моему мнению НВН даже близко не подобралась к БГ-серии по интерестности, сюжетным твистам ну и прописанности характеров НПС. ИМНСО конечно.

Инсо, я вижу уже поиграл. Эх, была б у меня машина помосчнее =/

#7 Grey Angel

Grey Angel

I don't like chicken! And I hate clowns!

• Хранители
  • 5 819 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 26 Октябрь 2007 - 17:16

Цитата
Орнаж Бокс по частям это не кошерно.

Не кАшерно. Уж можете мне поверить ^_-

Сабж лежит дома. Поиграю с удовольствием, но пока нет времени даже оригинальную кампанию закончить. Эх, время, время...

#8 Den_Silent

Den_Silent

Browncoat

• Хранители
  • 2 228 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 26 Октябрь 2007 - 18:30

Оригинал переигрывал раза четыре уже. Со времен вторых вампиров настолько хороших РПГ в наши края не попадало. Одна только классика. Сабж лежит с первого дня релиза, жду фанатского перевода. Оригинал тоже английский, с нашими лицухами лучше не связываться - тот же nwupdate у Акеллы не работает.

#9 Lovecraft Lover

Lovecraft Lover

Engine screaming ^_^

• Заглянувший в кошмар™
  • 3 479 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 26 Октябрь 2007 - 21:11

Да, патчи для локализации (обычные не ставятся) акурат к выходу следующего патча у всего нормального мира, так образом поиграть коллективно просто невозможно, а другого смысла переплачивать для лицензию я не вижу.

#10 Klimat

Klimat

Оракул

• Заглянувший в кошмар™
  • 1 164 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 27 Октябрь 2007 - 09:28

Одна из лучших РПГ современности, никак не меньше. Упор на диалоги, запоминающихся живых персонажей, сюжет и отыгрыш, всё остальное, впрочем, тоже на месте. Те, кто играл в оригинальный НВН2, обязательно оценят проведённую в аддоне работу над ошибками: улучшенное управление, камеру, интерфейс...
А перевода для скачки можно уже и не ждать, вышел давно. Выдранный прямиком из "Акеллы", лежит тут.

#11 Grey Angel

Grey Angel

I don't like chicken! And I hate clowns!

• Хранители
  • 5 819 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 27 Октябрь 2007 - 13:34

Цитата
оригинальный НВН2

Извините, может быть, флейм и оффтоп, но NW2 - это сиквел. И оригинальным он быть не может. Оригинален NWN. А 2 часть, имхо, очень красивая и играбельная калька, в которую я, впрочем, с удовольствием играю.

#12 Den_Silent

Den_Silent

Browncoat

• Хранители
  • 2 228 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 27 Октябрь 2007 - 15:01

ИМХО НВН2 ничего общего с НВН1 не имеет. Она развивает идеи, положенные аддонами к НВН1. А оригинальном НВН никаких ветвистых диалогов и таких партийцев не было.

Цитата
А перевода для скачки можно уже и не ждать, вышел давно. Выдранный прямиком из "Акеллы"

А я жду переделанного перевода от Акеллы, с которым играет все поргрессивное НВН2 сообщество )) Мониторить эту ссылку:
http://nwvault.ign.c...O...etail&id=65

#13 Inso

Inso

warfish

• Хранители
  • 2 836 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 28 Октябрь 2007 - 03:31

MotB review @ RPGCodex.com
http://www.rpgcodex....tent.php?id=159

Цитата

It’s definitely, 100% one of the best RPGs I've ever played. It’s that good.

<snip>

Fantasy RPGs often suck because the fantasy aspect isn't overly "fantastic". In fact, usually it's generic, boring, and bland. Let's say that you’ve bought a new fantasy RPG and have just installed it. What do you have there? A young guy/gal in a small place is forced to get the fuck out and explore a very predictable world and eventually save it. When you see a town, you know pretty much what to expect. It's not a place of wonder and strange customs, it's a place to get quests and buy/sell shit. You can easily replace a town with 3-4 NPCs standing in the middle of fucking nowhere offering quests and shopping. In fact, that probably would be more interesting than a generic and boring as fuck fantasy town #3471.

<snip>

Let's compare it to recently released NWN2:

Сравнение с оригинальным НВН2 слишком длинное, но главная мысль, что все сходится с типичной заежженной штамповкой фентези рпг.

Цитата

Well, what do you know? My hopes and prayers have been answered. Ironically, the savior is an expansion to Neverwinter Nights 2. While I had to force myself to play NWN2 (and still couldn’t finish it due to a complete lack of interest in knowing what happens next), I couldn't stop playing Mask of the Betrayer and was completely immersed in the game. If only the original game was that good.

<snip>

The setting & story

The setting is glorious. Gone are vanilla locations of NWN2. Instead Obsidian takes you on a trip to a real fantasy land that doesn't need to be saved from some ancient evil, to the land of Rashemen, where spirits walk among men, witches rule the land, ancient hags plot in sunken towns, granting audiences to all manners of creatures, shadow versions of the reality are a portal away, and the planes themselves and the City of Judgement are waiting for you

The story, as Obsidian had promised, is personal. You wake up in a bear-god barrow. The shard is gone; the wound is stitched. Soon you realize that something was contained in the depth of the barrow - an ancient curse that was trapped there by its last carrier. Now it’s in you and you feel its hunger for spirits. Some say it's a curse, some say it's a gift. The main quest revolves around figuring out what it actually is, who helped you get it and why, and what to do with it. The curse/gift thingy is old and has a story of its own that can be traced to a long forgotten battle fought by a top priest against his deity on another plane of existence. Unravelling that story will take you cool places to see and interesting creatures and dead gods to meet. The story is pretty damn good and very interesting to follow. A real treat.

<snip>

Even after finishing the game twice, I haven’t explored all the possibilities and outcomes, and if that aint the highest praise the Codex can give a game, I don’t know what is.

<snip>

Quests, choices, consequences...

That’s where the game starts to shine so brightly that you completely forget about any flaws the game has and get lost in a well crafted gameworld. It’s like a dream come true – a non-linear game loaded with well-written dialogues, interesting quests, more choices than you can handle, and enough consequences and to make the game highly replayable. It’s hard to imagine a better feature list.

Графику, бои и прочее не привожу, но в общем и целом, ревьюер считает, что они мало изменились, хотя боев стало меньше.

Цитата

And in conclusion

To put it simply, the game is a masterpiece. Sure, it has flaws and things-that-should-have-been-done-better. Overall though, it’s one of those rare games that people will remember for a long time and I definitely expect to see it on “top 10 RPGs” lists in the near future.

В общем и целом, да.

Очень советую обратить внимание. Это один из очень немногих сайтов, чьему мнению я доверяю почти полностью.
Ревьюер, никто иной, как главный дизайнер Age of Decadence.

//----

Напоследок несколько запомнившихся фраз)
Цитата

If your experience with Dungeons & Dragons games is limited or non-existent and idiotic reviews led you to believe that DnD is only slightly less complicated than rocket science.

Once your spellcasters join the party and start casting spells like "orbital bombardment", "tactical nuclear strike", and "summon Death Star MK2", the party is pretty much over, but then again, what do you expect from an epic real-time DnD campaign?

I have to mention the spirit meter because it was criticized in every review for being confusing, hard, and just not fun. Well, guess what? It's a pretty damn good feature and an excellent moron indicator. If you failed to understand this feature, odds are you’re a fucking moron. Sad, but true. Let's blame the clearly failed education system and the leniency toward degenerates in your homeland.

I love those guys)

#14 Lovecraft Lover

Lovecraft Lover

Engine screaming ^_^

• Заглянувший в кошмар™
  • 3 479 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 29 Октябрь 2007 - 12:10

RPG Codex жжот =) Злые ребята, но уж если им понравилось, то играть стоит =)
Мне кажется или мир игры нехило напоминает Ravenloft? Игрушка отдельно ставится, или поверх оригинала?

#15 Черный

Черный

Ugly Poe

• Заглянувший в кошмар™
  • 1 424 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 29 Октябрь 2007 - 19:28

Цитата
Игрушка отдельно ставится, или поверх оригинала?

Поверх.

Я кстати после таких расхвалений даже купил игру. Пока все нравится. Вроде даже игра даже лучше оптимизирована, ибо таких лагов, какие были в оригинале, тут не наблюдается... Единственное только мучаюсь с камерой, никак не могу ее удобно пристроить >__<