10 ответов в теме

#1 St.Aatos

St.Aatos

Выживший

• Заблудшие души
  • ФишкаФишка
  • 66 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 29 Июль 2007 - 06:37

First of all this post here contains no information about any outside religions, or anything outside of the game. This is all about something I noticed a few weeks ago when watching the ending of Silent Hill 1 on YouTube.

(side note. I'm using the name Alizer for the woman in white aka Alessa/Incubator aka Alessa the Incubator aka Alessa Awakened aka Whatshername)

I was watching the Good+ Ending on youtube last night when I noticed three pivotal things. The first thing I noticed was that the bottle of aglaophotis never actually breaks on Alessa/Incubator (Alizer). When you watch this part you will notice that the bottle hits the aura/shield around Alizer when it breaks.

Изображение

The glow surrounding Alizer disappears and the aglaophotis spills on her dress. This is when Incubus is born, and there's no glow surrounding the Incubus.

When Incubus is defeated it disappears in a glow of light and Alizer reappears now once again surrounded by that glow of light. When she's giving birth to Alessa (v. 2.0 aka Heather.) the glow grows stronger. When Alessa/Heather is born the glow is now gone.

But that's not all I noticed. I watched the clip again and made sure to pay careful attention to the part where the God is actually "born". That's when I noticed that after Dahlia says "My daughter will be the mother of God!" a bright yellow glow from inside the wombs of both Cheryl and Alessa appears.

Изображение

Any thoughts? Personally I just found this interesting.

#2 Burning Man

Burning Man

Свежая кровь

• Заблудшие души
  • Фишка
  • 26 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 29 Июль 2007 - 23:22

It's possible that this light is the same light mentioned in "The light to the future" and "The light illuminating the darkness." Of course, if someone wants to say something like "the phrase was only there as a clue to the camera flash," they can, but most phrases in Silent Hill have some plot relevance to it.

In this case, if we assume that the paintings are referring to the light that emits from Alessa, then we have a connection.

Изменено: Burning Man, 29 Июль 2007 - 23:23

#3 St.Aatos

St.Aatos

Выживший

• Заблудшие души
  • ФишкаФишка
  • 66 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 30 Июль 2007 - 07:19

Цитата(Burning Man @ Sunday, 29 July 2007, 23:22) [snapback]323149[/snapback]

It's possible that this light is the same light mentioned in "The light to the future" and "The light illuminating the darkness." Of course, if someone wants to say something like "the phrase was only there as a clue to the camera flash," they can, but most phrases in Silent Hill have some plot relevance to it.

In this case, if we assume that the paintings are referring to the light that emits from Alessa, then we have a connection.

Surprisingly I had never thought of the quotes "The light to the future" and "The light illuminating the darkness" as translations of "Hey player! Use the camera on these paintings!!"

Another interesting little fact is that in SH3 we do see a yellow light just prior to the Memory of Alessa fight. Whether or not their's a connection I'm not sure.

#4 Kromy

Kromy

Выживший

• Заблудшие души
  • ФишкаФишка
  • 72 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 30 Июль 2007 - 18:36

Цитата(St.Aatos)
Surprisingly I had never thought of the quotes "The light to the future" and "The light illuminating the darkness" as translations of "Hey player! Use the camera on these paintings!!"
Hehe, me too! ^^

However, I do think this theory is more interesting with the reference to those two paintings applied. After all, the "The light to the future" even depicts the prototype for Alizer, so the whole connection to "the light" makes sense really.

Dunno about the "true" form though... basically, I think it's just aura (an AT field, if you like -- hello Evangelion!^^) but I guess we can in some way call it a "form". At least this approach in a quite straight-forward way consider that the deity doesn't have a form of its own (some light can't be actually a form) but only takes an appearence projected by the minds of those who summon it (straight from LM, actually). I imagine SilentPyramid would probably say: "it's just Alessa believed that once she becomes a Mother of God she would have this aura that basically just symbolizes divinity" -- well, this also might be the case. happy.gif

Изменено: Kromy, 30 Июль 2007 - 21:23

#5 St.Aatos

St.Aatos

Выживший

• Заблудшие души
  • ФишкаФишка
  • 66 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 31 Июль 2007 - 05:20

All over Silent Hill they keep hinting that the person inside of this glow is actually Alessa. First of all she looks exactly like Alessa (only ya know more shiny!) second of all this figure is often called "Alessa Awakened", "Awakened Alessa" "Alessa/Incubator" "Alessa and Incubator" "Alizer" or "Alessa the Incubator"

I'm now starting to think that Alessa could have seen the God as nothing more than a source of energy and light. I am aware of the connections between Alessa's vision of God and the woman seen in Light to the Future/Light Illuminating the Darkness. However in order for the woman in the paintings to be Alessa's vision of God she had to have worshipped that woman in the paintings.

Alessa's intelligent enough I think to have learned that this woman was not God. What was God in those paintings?

Light.

And I think one thing of interest is the fact that when pays attention it is not the woman that transforms into Incubus, but rather the light that transforms into Incubus.

So yes I am saying that Alessa's vision of God is a light.

#6 SilentPyramid

SilentPyramid

Satoko-chan, where are you going? (^^)/

• Заглянувший в кошмар™
  • ФишкаФишкаФишкаФишкаФишкаФишка
  • 1 423 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 19 Август 2007 - 22:56

Regarding the light
In my opinion, we must remember that SH1 was released on PS1 -- so Team Silent was pretty limited in terms of textures, graphics, etc. There were moments, that they just couldn't show us with such graphics -- for example, the appearence of Incubus and such. So they used a bright light effect to "cover" the scene and reduce the amount of unnecesarry work. For example, this trick was used in many old JRPG games to indicate the magic attack -- creators only showed us a flashing screen to tell "You used magic just now!", instead of making some incredibly realistic graphic effects. But, ofcourse, it didn't actually meant that screen flashes are true form of characters' magic powers.
Also it's a common practice in a low-budget and old movies to use a bright light flashes to indicate disapearences, teleportations, etc -- in other words to show that "something is happening", but they can't actually show it for some reasons.

Цитата
basically, I think it's just aura (an AT field, if you like -- hello Evangelion!^^) but I guess we can in some way call it a "form". At least this approach in a quite straight-forward way consider that the deity doesn't have a form of its own (some light can't be actually a form) but only takes an appearence projected by the minds of those who summon it (straight from LM, actually). I imagine SilentPyramid would probably say: "it's just Alessa believed that once she becomes a Mother of God she would have this aura that basically just symbolizes divinity" -- well, this also might be the case.

Well, that's a one possible explanation =)
Since Alessa is Incubator -- she must'be hurt in any way. So that's purpose of the Aura -- to keep the incubator away from any harm and guarantee the birth of "God".
And it's also a tool, used by the creators, to not let the player to close to the Final Boss. Alessa don't have other attacks except long-range lightning strikes, so it would be too easy if we could just come and beat the hell out of her with hammer in close combat.

#7 St.Aatos

St.Aatos

Выживший

• Заблудшие души
  • ФишкаФишка
  • 66 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 20 Август 2007 - 07:18

I entirely disagree with the idea that the glow is just a graphic trick. Why? Because in several sources there is indication that a divine being, or God on earth is surrounded by an aura.

Also, there is the theory that humans with their finite mind are unable to see God in his/her true form which is infinite. For this reason humans use their minds and imaginations in order to create an image, or form of God that they can easily identify with, and worship.

Most of the time this form is of a human, because humans are said to be the highest creation. Sometimes too the form of God given by the mind can also be other things including a hybrid of creatures (Baphomet) or yes, even "light"

#8 Kromy

Kromy

Выживший

• Заблудшие души
  • ФишкаФишка
  • 72 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 22 Август 2007 - 22:01

Yeah, I think the glow is too vivid and obvious (besides that it surrounds a supposedly divine being) to be just a graphic trick -- even though I may as well agree that the original idea didn't have so deep a concept put into it, but who know...

BTW, regarding the light, Aatos, don't you find it amusing that the newly found connection from that other thread (the one about a verse from the Bible) also mentions "Light"? With this we have three pictures depicting a religious motif and having "Light" in a given name. Quite interesting to say the least...

#9 St.Aatos

St.Aatos

Выживший

• Заблудшие души
  • ФишкаФишка
  • 66 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 23 Август 2007 - 04:16

Hmm, regarding the light. In the Bible "Light" is usually a term/metaphor for someone being awakened. It's usually a term for someone realizing that Jesus is the son of God, and thus God.

Actually it just lends a bit more to my theory that Alessa/Incubator is Lobsel Vith. (or the Child of God who is God.)

#10 Kromy

Kromy

Выживший

• Заблудшие души
  • ФишкаФишка
  • 72 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 23 Сентябрь 2007 - 19:35

Talking about Light being a true form of a deity, what would you say about the Red Light thingie in the Borley Haunted Mansion? We know of only one deity out there being associated with red and which is also strongly connected with PH who gives you almost an identical chase in SH2. So, wouldn't you say it's Xuchilbara in his "true form" then?

#11 St.Aatos

St.Aatos

Выживший

• Заблудшие души
  • ФишкаФишка
  • 66 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 24 Сентябрь 2007 - 04:23

The problem I have with the red light being Xuchilbara's true form is that it's actually set on killing Heather, and is probably another tool used by Alessa (Heather's unconscious mind.) to kill her.

But then again in SH1 it seems that Alessa was calling upon Metatron/Valtiel/Xuchilbara to annihilate her.