Свежая кровь

• Заблудшие души
  • Фишка
  • 26 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 27 Июль 2007 - 12:26

Source: http://www.konami.jp/am/silenthill/
-Story-

WELCOME to SILENT HILL.

Located in the center of Silent Hill is Toluca Lake, which had become a major tourism resource for the town.
This lake possesses another face behind its beauty and sereneness.

Many deceased are sleeping beneath the lake.
Infinitely many hands reach out from the surface of the lake that the ship is sailing on, perhaps searching for their comrades.

November, 1918-------. [*]

A girl who is constantly ill and her mother is on board the ship.
The girl is enjoying her tour, but the mother's mind is elsewhere.

"Hannah..."

Just as soon as the mother calls out her child's name, the captain witnesses a gruesome end.

The ship "Little Baroness" returned never again.
Also, of the 14 people including her crew and passengers, neither the survivors' whereabouts nor their remains have ever been found.

75 years later-----.

Eric, Tina, and each member of the university occult club are interested in the many legends that have been passed down in this quiet resort town, and they especially have a deep interest in the rumor connected to Toluca Lake, where it is told that many deceased are asleep beneath it.
They come to Silent Hill, using their weekend break.

And,

The next morning, Eric witnesses a nightmare.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Characters-

Eric
Main character, male. 21 years old, a quite normal university student, residing in Portland.
He lived in Silent Hill during his childhood, but since both parents passed away before him, presently, he lives under his uncle and aunt.
His great grandfather was the captain of Little Baroness, which went missing.
For this reason, he is deeply interested in the legend connected to Toluca Lake.

Tina
Main character, female. 21 years old, a quite normal university student, residing in Portland.
Her goal is to become a teacher and is currently studying in the Education Department.
She is penpals with Emilie. Her purpose in coming to Silent Hill this time was to meet with Emilie.

Emilie
A nine year-old girl attending Midwich Elementary School in Silent Hill.
She is the only daughter of Frank, who is the museum manager of a historical museum.
Starting with a mail sent during her computer class at school, she becomes friends with Tina.

Hannah
1918. A girl who was on board Little Baroness that went missing.

Bill/Jessie/Ryan/George
Members of the university occult club that came to Silent Hill with Eric and Tina. They go missing the next morning that they arrive in Silent Hill.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

[*] I took the liberty to change "1811" from the website to "1918".

Originally, the mockup website for the Arcade game had a copyright notice that did not allow anybody to translate its content for some reason. However, after the update, I can now see that they have gotten rid of that portion of the copyright. I think it's safe for me to translate its contents.

Enjoy.

Изменено: Burning Man, 28 Июль 2007 - 04:13

#2 SilentPyramid

SilentPyramid

Satoko-chan, where are you going? (^^)/

• Заглянувший в кошмар™
  • ФишкаФишкаФишкаФишкаФишкаФишка
  • 1 423 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 27 Июль 2007 - 18:11

To tell the truth, I think that Silent Hill *ARCADE* is something that just shouldn't exist in this world %))))

#3 Kromy

Kromy

Выживший

• Заблудшие души
  • ФишкаФишка
  • 72 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 28 Июль 2007 - 14:47

OMG, you mean you're not going to analyse it and then include in the next version of the PA?! Your fans *cough* I mean SH fans will be disappointed... XP

Just kidding! biggrin.gif

Seriously, I never even bothered to look at any info about it because, honestly, Silent Hill *ARCADE* sounds just wrong :/ Well, at least it's not a racing game ...yet! XD

As for the story, I find it quite interesting! I've been wondering if they're going to develop this story about the "Little Baroness" in some of the future instalments -- and here it goes. I wish it was a full-fledged game though, not just some arcade, but oh well... at least it can serve as an example that they're still able to take and develop further some little background stories from the previous games. Still hope this is not the end and the whole potential of the Toluca Lake mystery doesn't end with this so-unworthy-to-be-called a Silent Hill game.

Thank you, Burning Man, for your efforts with translating the story! It definitely gives something to think about.

#4 St.Aatos

St.Aatos

Выживший

• Заблудшие души
  • ФишкаФишка
  • 66 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 28 Июль 2007 - 15:31

Woo! Thanks for the information and translation Burning Man!

Alright, I saw some clips on youtube, and one of the girls (Hannah I'm guessing?) Yeah...she sort of looks like either Alessa, or cross between Mary and Alessa.

#5 Burning Man

Burning Man

Свежая кровь

• Заблудшие души
  • Фишка
  • 26 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 31 Июль 2007 - 18:50

There is a reason why I posted a translation of the story and characters.

The official website of Silent Hill -Double under Dusk- was updated today.

In Chapter 4 (released digitally on July 27, last week), Eric makes an appearance. Brian approaches Eric asking for directions, and Eric, who is mentioned to have a deep interest in the legend surrounding Toluca Lake on the website, begins to tell Brian about the many legends that are connected to that lake.

In case you missed it, here is an English translation I wrote up about a month ago about -Double under Dusk-:

Illustration: Masahiro Ito
Original Work: Hiroyuki Owaku

Since losing his most beloved son, Ronny, Brian spends day after day in emotional and spiritual apathy. One day, he meets Lindsay, a woman whom looks exactly like the woman from his nightmares. Together, they will take a visit to Silent Hill.

Characters
Brian Dawson
This chapter's main character.
Male in his early 40's, resident of Augusta, Maine.
He has a warm atmosphere about him, possesses a strong sense of duty, and is a philanthropist who won't pass by someone in need.
Yet currently, after losing his most beloved son, Ronny, he spends day after day in emotional and spiritual apathy. This also causes him to lose his job and become divorced from his wife.
Tempted by Lindsay, he will take a visit to Silent Hill.
His already passed away father is from Silent Hill, but personally, he is not familiar with that knowledge.

Lindsay Crystal
This chapter's heroine.
Female of about 20 years of age, resident of Orono, Maine.
She is earnest and mature, but has an obstinateness in the core of her mind to push her way through once she makes a decision.
A bright side can be seen within her quietness, but a gloomy sadness can also be seen within her eyes.
A college student majoring in folklore, she visits Augusta to research Silent Hill, "a town where the dead return," and she runs into Brian at the library there. Her appearance is exactly like that of the woman that Brian saw so many times in his nightmares.

#6 St.Aatos

St.Aatos

Выживший

• Заблудшие души
  • ФишкаФишка
  • 66 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 31 Июль 2007 - 23:44

Hmmm thanks for translation.

So given this information it seems that the Silent Hill Arcade might in fact be more canon than SH0, and/or SH5.

#7 Burning Man

Burning Man

Свежая кровь

• Заблудшие души
  • Фишка
  • 26 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 01 Август 2007 - 19:48

Цитата(St.Aatos @ Tuesday, 31 July 2007, 15:44) [snapback]323433[/snapback]

Hmmm thanks for translation.

So given this information it seems that the Silent Hill Arcade might in fact be more canon than SH0, and/or SH5.

It'd be nice to get some clarification on whom wrote the story for Silent Hill -The Arcade-, but, yes, I suppose there's no harm in considering the arcade story canon.

As for Silent Hill 0rigins, at the moment, the only prequel that I would consider canon is Cage of Cradle. 0rigins may be interesting in itself. Konami is marketing 0rigins as Silent Hill Zer0 for consumers in Japan, so I think they may be endorsing it as an official prequel. But, we all know Konami's decision has little to do with whether fans will perceive it as an official prequel or not. It's all about the plot.

V will probably follow the same road. It will be endorsed as an official sequel by Konami, but whether or not it will be considered canon will be entirely up to the fans. Technically, if V has no connection to previous installments within the series, there would certainly be no harm, but already the protagonist's family name suggests otherwise.

#8 Kromy

Kromy

Выживший

• Заблудшие души
  • ФишкаФишка
  • 72 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 01 Август 2007 - 19:49

I'd like to consider the Origins and SHV a SH canon -- because with this approach someone might call SH4 not a SH canon (after all it wasn't meant to be a SH game originally).

Цитата(St.Aatos)
Yeah, and -Double under Dusk- too, given that it was made by Ito and Owaku -- the ones who sure know a lot more about the world of Silent Hill than Yamaoka. Actually, after learning all this I'm getting more and more interested in this -Double under Dusk-.

It might be that if SH Arcade crosses with Double under Dusk these two form some kind of canon of their own -- apart from the main one ...or perhaps it could be even considered a real SH canon?!
Anyway, all this is damn interesting... lucky those Japanese! XD

Thanks for the news, Burning Man!

Изменено: Kromy, 01 Август 2007 - 19:53

#9 Burning Man

Burning Man

Свежая кровь

• Заблудшие души
  • Фишка
  • 26 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 01 Август 2007 - 20:05

Цитата(Kromy @ Wednesday, 01 August 2007, 11:49) [snapback]323539[/snapback]

I'd like to consider the Origins and SHV a SH canon -- because with this approach someone might call SH4 not a SH canon (after all it wasn't meant to be a SH game originally).

Silent Hill 4 -The Room- was at least made by Team Silent. People are pondering the canonicity of 0rigins and V because they are not being made by Team Silent, in comparison.

Besides, I've come to realize that the only reason that there are some people who don't want to consider SH4 canon is because they didn't like the game system: the lack of an impressive otherworld, redundant visits to the same world, you name it. It would be easier for them to ignore the whole thing, story included.

On the other hand, both 0rigins and V have the potential to mess up the story. I'm not saying they certainly will as such a decision should be made after playing the game, but you can't exactly blame anyone for feeling a bit uncomfortable under the circumstances.

In my opinion, it's not the gameplay that decides the canonicity of said game. It's the story; the plot. Silent Hill 4 -The Room- may have originally been written as a Film Noir, but after the decision was made to change its direction, it's story was made to fit the series. Therefore, it should be considered canon.

Изменено: Burning Man, 01 Август 2007 - 20:11

#10 St.Aatos

St.Aatos

Выживший

• Заблудшие души
  • ФишкаФишка
  • 66 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 02 Август 2007 - 09:39

I'm not sure about other fans, but I know what personally has me a little down is that it appears we now have two basis of the canon. On one hand you have SH0 and SH5 which is being made by an American company (or English) and those games will be released all over. Then you have the SH Arcade, and these comics. The comics so far being released only in Japan.

It's a sad situation where we the fans who don't know Japanese might be out of luck in knowing the rest of the canon.

Personally, I think that SH0 could be considered canon if they do it right.

#11 Burning Man

Burning Man

Свежая кровь

• Заблудшие души
  • Фишка
  • 26 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 02 Август 2007 - 11:07

Some new screenshots at Game Watch

Цитата(St.Aatos)
It's a sad situation where we the fans who don't know Japanese might be out of luck in knowing the rest of the canon.

Hopefully, Konami will take the proper steps to ensure that international fans will have a chance to experience those media one way or the other.

#12 St.Aatos

St.Aatos

Выживший

• Заблудшие души
  • ФишкаФишка
  • 66 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 02 Август 2007 - 11:56

Цитата(Burning Man @ Thursday, 02 August 2007, 11:07) [snapback]323654[/snapback]

Some new screenshots at Game Watch

Цитата(St.Aatos)

Hopefully, Konami will take the proper steps to ensure that international fans will have a chance to experience those media one way or the other.

Ok those were rather creepy.

Hopefully maybe that'll happen. I mean as much as I love the Silent Hill series I'd rather play something within the canon (or that's somewhat considered canon)

For one thing, is it possible that SH0 and SHV would be more canon than the American Silent Hill comics?

#13 abofoserlooli

abofoserlooli

Свежая кровь

• Рождённые
  • Фишка
  • 1 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 18 Март 2010 - 04:35

my firstpost and the first post, Im hoping you can help me. Im wondering what winter conditions are like int he Altai region of Russia and also across the border in Mongolia. I see Mongolia can be very cold -20В°C or more, but that theres little snowfall, however Ive seent hat the Altai can be very snowy. Are there any roads which remain passable to the border, or does snow cover them all?

Thanks in advance