Перейти к содержимому

Фото

Dahlia Gillespie, the greatest liar there ever was.

• Чтобы отвечать, сперва войдите на форум
22 ответов в теме

#1 St.Aatos

St.Aatos

Выживший

• Заблудшие души
  • ФишкаФишка
  • 66 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 27 Сентябрь 2007 - 01:00

Recently, while for the 163rd time (give or take) disputing the claim that the name of the God of Silent Hill is "Samael", or that Dahlia was trying to summon "Samael" I thought, "Damn, they made Dahlia out to be a good liar."

Think about it. Through out the history of the fandom there is always someone who claims, and will claim that the name of the God is Samael. Are most of the fans really like Harry Mason? So gullible that they will believe anything offered on a plate?

Will Dahlia have a new manipulative lie in store for Travis, and us in Silent Hill Origins? If so, what would it be?

Let's wait and see.

#2 Kromy

Kromy

Выживший

• Заблудшие души
  • ФишкаФишка
  • 72 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 27 Сентябрь 2007 - 02:06

Actually, I think Dahlia didn't lie at all! She referred to the Seal Alessa was spreading throughout the town as the "Mark of Samael" -- but that's not a lie! It's a wordplay, not a lie, because she didn't make up the whole thing about Samael -- these two angels (Metatron and Samael) was originally the same and as it is, can be considered the two different aspects of one being. So it's definitely not a lie to call the Seal by Samael's name -- the only difference that in this case you would imply the Evil properties/intentions associated with it... and that's what Dahlia needed to get Harry on her side.

Another thing is that some people believe that "Samael" was referred to the god Dahlia worshiped -- that's simply a mistake -- none of the sources and neither the game itself imply this connection. So it's just some superficial "conclusions" that come from merely connecting the name "Samael" (a supposedly demon's name -- which is not entirely true for he's rather considered "angel"!) with the demonic appearance of the final boss... like: "Wow, that thing in the end -- soooooo demonic, it must be Samael! Kewl!!!" :gaga:

#3 St.Aatos

St.Aatos

Выживший

• Заблудшие души
  • ФишкаФишка
  • 66 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 27 Сентябрь 2007 - 06:55

Maybe I mis-worded things. What I meant to convey is that because of Dahlia's manipulation of Harry nearly 50% of the fanbase believe that the name of the God is "Samael."

And so I ask, will something similar happen in Origins? Will Dahlia convince Travis of something, and as a result cause the fandom to believe the same thing?

I also just thought of something. If you think closely about Dahlia's words she seems to imply that her daughter is the demon, Samael. Of course we know this isn't true.

"Stop the demon! The demon taking that child's form!" - Dahlia.

#4 Burning Man

Burning Man

Свежая кровь

• Заблудшие души
  • Фишка
  • 26 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 27 Сентябрь 2007 - 10:39

Well, see the thing is, Dahlia lying to Travis would be so obvious to veterans that I'm silently hoping that Dahlia isn't lying to Travis in 0rigins.

Silent Hill was always about being in someone's shoes. As Harry, we were supposed to be a little skeptical about Dahlia, but we had no choice but to trust her if we wanted to save our daughter. When we finally learn that she had been deceiving Harry and us, the audience, all along, we have our taste of a plot twist.

I'm slightly concerned that this won't be the case when some of us play 0rigins. Perhaps Climax is leaving all the twists for Travis' story.

#5 St.Aatos

St.Aatos

Выживший

• Заблудшие души
  • ФишкаФишка
  • 66 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 28 Сентябрь 2007 - 00:39

Hmm that is a good point. Would it be practical to say that veterans of the game will then not trust Dahlia in SH0, because of what happened in SH1?

I won't reveal anything about SH0, but some of the cutscenes have me, "concerned."

#6 Kromy

Kromy

Выживший

• Заблудшие души
  • ФишкаФишка
  • 72 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 07 Октябрь 2007 - 18:47

Цитата(St.Aatos)
Would it be practical to say that veterans of the game will then not trust Dahlia in SH0, because of what happened in SH1?
Sure. I mean you don't really expect anyone who's played SH1 to take Dahlia's words regarding Alessa seriously? Obviously this same plot twist is not going to work again. And actually, I hope the creators are smart enough not to focus on Alessa's storyline too much since it's mostly supposed to be a background for the real story of SH0 -- Travis'.

#7 St.Aatos

St.Aatos

Выживший

• Заблудшие души
  • ФишкаФишка
  • 66 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 09 Октябрь 2007 - 03:58

From what I've heard (thanks to Burning Man.) is that the lives of certain people in Silent Hill will be told through the eyes of Dahlia, and the revelation of how a certain character came to be. (Makes me wonder if it's Alessa, and why it'd be a huge revelation. Unless they reveal that her father is one of the gods. <sarcasm>)

Now wouldn't it throw us for a loop if we all thought Dahlia was lying, and then BOOM! It turns out the entire time she's telling the truth?

#8 Temporal Distortion

Temporal Distortion

that girl from the well

• Заглянувший в кошмар™
  • ФишкаФишка
  • 98 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 15 Ноябрь 2007 - 19:02

Цитата(Kromy @ Thursday, 27 September 2007, 2:06) [snapback]332890[/snapback]

Another thing is that some people believe that "Samael" was referred to the god Dahlia worshiped -- that's simply a mistake -- none of the sources and neither the game itself imply this connection. So it's just some superficial "conclusions" that come from merely connecting the name "Samael" (a supposedly demon's name -- which is not entirely true for he's rather considered "angel"!) with the demonic appearance of the final boss... like: "Wow, that thing in the end -- soooooo demonic, it must be Samael! Kewl!!!" :gaga:

Your post, dear sir, is so absolutely correct that I am sorry to tell you that the abomination called Silent Hill Origins was apparently made by the british ****tards who actually believed that Dahlia's God was Samael.

Yes, the game states just that - that Samael is the cult's God.

I say we send SARS to Climax' office.

Изменено: Monna STEW, 15 Ноябрь 2007 - 19:15

#9 St.Aatos

St.Aatos

Выживший

• Заблудшие души
  • ФишкаФишка
  • 66 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 18 Ноябрь 2007 - 06:55

Actually I believe this is a subtle jab at the audience. If you read the memo closely it says, "the god worshiped by this cult."

That memo wasn't written by a member of the cult, it was written by an opponent.

#10 Hellen

Hellen

Отчаянный

• Заблудшие души
  • ФишкаФишкаФишка
  • 251 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 21 Ноябрь 2007 - 12:12

Цитата(St.Aatos @ Thursday, 27 September 2007, 1:00) [snapback]332882[/snapback]

Think about it. Through out the history of the fandom there is always someone who claims, and will claim that the name of the God is Samael. Are most of the fans really like Harry Mason? So gullible that they will believe anything offered on a plate?

Could you explain the cause of your doubts: if Dahlia lies about the God -so what did she do it for? And where's the TRUTH, actually ?

Изменено: Hellen, 21 Ноябрь 2007 - 12:15

#11 St.Aatos

St.Aatos

Выживший

• Заблудшие души
  • ФишкаФишка
  • 66 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 23 Ноябрь 2007 - 08:26

Цитата(Hellen @ Wednesday, 21 November 2007, 12:12) [snapback]341928[/snapback]

Цитата(St.Aatos @ Thursday, 27 September 2007, 1:00) [snapback]332882[/snapback]

Could you explain the cause of your doubts: if Dahlia lies about the God -so what did she do it for? And where's the TRUTH, actually ?

That's the thing though. She never actually lies about the God, or the name of the God, because she never gives a name to it. What she does is call the symbol that Alessa was creating "The Mark of Samael" in order to trick Harry. Unfortunately, and for some reason plenty of the fans decided that "Mark of Samael= Samael = Name of the God!"

#12 Hellen

Hellen

Отчаянный

• Заблудшие души
  • ФишкаФишкаФишка
  • 251 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 23 Ноябрь 2007 - 12:43

Цитата(St.Aatos @ Friday, 23 November 2007, 8:26) [snapback]342680[/snapback]

That's the thing though. She never actually lies about the God, or the name of the God, because she never gives a name to it. What she does is call the symbol that Alessa was creating "The Mark of Samael" in order to trick Harry. Unfortunately, and for some reason plenty of the fans decided that "Mark of Samael= Samael = Name of the God!"

If so, what's the cult God's name, but Samael?

#13 St.Aatos

St.Aatos

Выживший

• Заблудшие души
  • ФишкаФишка
  • 66 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 24 Ноябрь 2007 - 04:46

The name of the God is.

Creator of Paradise

Lord of Serpent and Reeds

Holy Mother (Not to be confused with Holy Mother of God.)

#14 Hellen

Hellen

Отчаянный

• Заблудшие души
  • ФишкаФишкаФишка
  • 251 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 26 Ноябрь 2007 - 09:25

Цитата(St.Aatos @ Saturday, 24 November 2007, 4:46) [snapback]342900[/snapback]

The name of the God is.

Creator of Paradise

Holy Mother (Not to be confused with Holy Mother of God.)

And for all three names just one image - Samael? Which we meet in each part of the game?

#15 St.Aatos

St.Aatos

Выживший

• Заблудшие души
  • ФишкаФишка
  • 66 Сообщений:

Опубликовано 27 Ноябрь 2007 - 08:01

Samael is not the name of God. The name(s) of God are...

Creator of Paradise

Holy Mother

Let me repeat. Samael is NOT one of the names for the God.